I am a super dummy when it comes to makeup. I still haven’t figure out the right shade of foundation, but when it comes to lipstick, I have found a few that I absolutely love. Once you try on a right shade, it’s quite liberating enough to kindle a desire in you to experiment.
I only used gloss for a few years and then I came across a nice shade of nude pink that didn’t scream ‘Hey she has her lipstick on’. Because I wanted a lipstick but didn’t want it to be the first thing people noticed. You sure get my point, right? That day, my walk was different. My posture was improved, and there was a smile that remained plastered on my face. I even received a few compliments and a few more second glances, but that is just an added benefit. I felt like a Diva. Now that’s quite a thrilling feeling. And all this was just because of a shade that suited my lips.
“You can’t keep changing your man, so you settle for changing your lipstick – Heather Locklear.”
How true is that? Matte, Gloss, 24-hour colour retention, lip stain, and what not. Just pick a shade you want to try and if you don’t like it, just change it. But, try it nevertheless.
Some brands know how to suck all the moisture out leaving you to feel dry like a Sahara, but there are a few brands that feel just like a comforting lip balm. And like every other mainstream thing I try and recommend for an offbeat reason, here’s why I am talking about lipsticks
- They come in super awesome shades. The variety and shades of lipstick that is available for purchase these days is just quite a lot, and it is way easier to find that ‘little darker, little lighter shade’ that you always wanted.
- They retain moisture (if you found a good brand that suits you) and makes you look refreshing as long as they stay fresh. Dry Lips can be easily spotted especially when you are drained out and cannot party anymore. But when they are fresh and neat, isn’t that wonderful?
- They protect your lips from the harmful rays of the sun. Honestly, who knew? Just by painting your lips with a shade you love, you can actually protect it from those harmful UV rays that otherwise tan your lips making it dry and dark.
- They improve your posture! Don’t believe me? I found an article that speaks about facts & benefits of lipsticks. And here is another similar one. Now, these are articles I came across on a random night of site surfing. You know, when the mind is too lazy to sleep, so you jump from cat videos to random google searches and start reading articles and bookmarking them so that they may one day be useful to you.
- They are available easily. Just sit back on your favourite couch and order from Myntra (my personal favourite) right from the comfort of your home.Myntra has a vast collection of lipsticks and personally, I have been using the app for quite a while now not just shopping for clothes but my favourite shades of lipstick as well. If you haven’t tried it yet, you definitely must Buy Lipsticks Online now.
Is there any particular shade of lipstick that makes you feel super confident? Share your story with me, so I don’t feel like I am the only one who walks taller when my lips are painted.